Green Brigade Commander IronE Singleton explains the reasons for his choices of essential Go Bag items…
Each Zombie Survival Crew brigade has specific items crew members should stock in their Go Bag so that when a geographical area goes into alert status and crew members meet at assigned gathering points there is a base supply of essential items. In addition to assigned gear, every individual should also add any items they want or need to have at the ready in the event of an emergency.
Go Bag Essentials:
- Hand sanitizer – Healthy body, healthy mind, healthy spirit. That is what drives most of the choices in the Green Brigade Go Bag. And really, do you want to be eating with zombie-goo on your hands?
- Surgical mask – Depending on the nature of the virus that erupts, transmission may be as simple as a miniscule particle finding its way into your mouth. And with the other pollutants likely to be floating around a disaster scenario – such as rotting corpses or fuel depot fires – a little extra protection may go a long way.
- Dried fruit, nuts – Fighting off hordes of zombies and the physical exertion of basic survival will take a toll on the body. Combine this with what is likely to be a less-than-healthy diet for survivors, and a few well-chosen snacks will help maintain strength.
- Water bottle, water purification tablets – Hailing from the South where the summers are long and hot, I know first-hand the importance of remaining hydrated.
- Plastic bags for disposal – When normal sanitation and garbage collection systems go down, it won’t take long for a living situation to be overrun by germs…and bugs. Let’s just leave it there, shall we?
- Safety goggles – Smoke from fires, blood from walker kills or weather-related interference can cut visibility to almost nil. In any disaster situation visual intel is vital to survival.
- Flashlight – Reliable electricity supply is likely to be one of the first ‘comforts’ to disaster in a disaster situation but that shouldn’t mean you go without light. Solar-powered if you can find it, or consider packing extra batteries.
- Multi-purpose tool – A Swiss army knife-type tool is a must-have in any survival situation and can help meet food, shelter, defense and first aid needs. Need I say more?
- Duct tape – As with the multi-purpose tool, a roll of duct tape has potential uses almost too numerous to count. It’s value cannot possibly be overstated.
Green Brigade Commander IronE Singleton explains the reasons for his choices of essential Go Bag items… But in order to see what the reasons are, you’ll need to login and if you are not a registered member, please take a few moments and register for the site. The links for both the login and the Member Registration can be found in the sidebar to the right.
Being a member of the Green Brigade means exercising mind and body. No doubt, you won’t be able to swing that weapon if you are out of shape, nor will you be able to strategize properly if your mind isn’t 100%, so vigilance is a necessity when it comes to strengthening both.
Green Brigade operates under Commander IronE Singleton, who believes strongly in working together as a team in order to survive together as a species.
Members of this brigade often decide from the heart and act from the mind, leaving a wealth of compassion for those who need it. The Green Brigade combines athleticism and physical strength with precision and the power of purpose. Green Brigade’s members are invariably vocal with their opinions and generous with their affection. Challengers would be unwise to view this Brigade’s apparent emotional component as a weakness, for only the truly foolish would test the Green Brigade’s impressive battle prowess.
Commander IronE’s weapon of choice is the sledgehammer for its quiet use and heavy hits. No zombie could survive a blow to the head with this baby. It makes far less noise than a pistol which helps avoid attracting a horde of walkers. Brigade members also commonly carry a secondary weapon – usually one that can be used at a distance.
Green Brigade’s motto is extra corpus vires, which means Strength Beyond the Body. The inner strength to meet challenges head on and overcome through respect for self and others is no laughing matter for the Green Brigade.
Go Bag Essentials:
Dried fruit, nuts
Water bottle, water purification tablets
Plastic bags for disposal
Welcome to the Green Brigade. We’ll get you some reasons for why we carry what we do in our Go Bags soon. Until then, start preparing for the Zombiepocalypse!
Green Brigade Commander
Want to know just how strong IronE Singleton and his Green Brigade are? What keeps them moving forward with a host of undead horde on their heels? What they carry in their Go Bags?
Login to the site, or take the chance to sign up, and you will learn what it takes to be in the Green Brigade.
Warning: The information herein is Top Secret and NOT to fall into the hands of the UGA.