A Zombie By Any Other Name (contest)
At the ZSC, we’re all about encouraging members to tap into their natural talents. For instance, if Juliette didn’t have the uncanny ability to talk her way out of any dangerous situation, we’d have never made it this far. (Trust me; she’s saved our skin. A. Lot.) That being said, we want to see how talented you all are, while simultaneously emptying out our swag closet. It’s a win-win for all of us.
What’s the catch? We want your zombie poetry. It can be in any style you wish, any length you wish, though we do ask that there be a minimum of 10 words and a maximum of 200 words. At the end of the contest period, your ZSC commanders will sit and read through all of the entries to pick the top three poems for first, second, and third place prizewinners.
You have from November 18, 2011 (11-18-2011) until December 2, 2011 (12-2-2011) to submit your poetry entries.
First place: Winner receives a special, signed edition of the ZSC anthology book, Undead is Not an Option.
Second and third place: Winners receive a ZSC key chain.
Rules and Regulations:
- One entry per person
- Entries must be sent to command [at] zombiesurvivalcrew [dot] com with the subject “Zombie Poetry Contest.” Any entries received via Twitter, Facebook, or website comments will be disqualified.
- Entries must be pasted into the body of the email. Please do not send document files, PDFs, or website links, or the entry will be automatically disqualified.
- Plagiarized content will be disqualified.
- Contest entries must be received by December 2, 2011 at 11:59 PM PST
- Profanity and vulgarity are prohibited. Use of such will result in disqualification.
- Entrants must be registered members of zombiesurvivalcrew.com. (If you are not, registering is FREE and EASY. Sign up HERE.)
- When submitting entries, you give the Zombie Survival Crew permission to post your poetry on zombiesurvivalcrew.com and its associated social media outlets.
- Winners will be notified via the email address given with their entry.
- Please verify under which name you would like to be published as in your entry.
We are really looking forward to once again being wowed by the talent hidden within the Zombie Survival Crew’s members. Happy writing!
- Special thanks to ZSC Special Forces commander Billy Tackett for creating such amazing zombie art and for allowing us to use it!